Arthur Jones the founder of MedX and Nautilus is said to have spent 100 million dollars on the development of the MedX low back machine. Arthur said that if everything in his life up to that point were evil this exercise machine more than made up for it. As one who has suffered serious back injuries I can attest to the positive results. Studies report amazing results, and our clients have benefited.
Some of the advantages the MedX low back machine:
· The range of motion can be precisely confined to a pain-free range of motion.
· The resistance is variable – it becomes lighter in the part of the range of motion where you are weakest. This makes for a much safer exercise.
· The exercise can be performed through a full range of motion that supplies resistance even at the full contraction.
· Resistance is always at a 90 degree angle to the back regardless of where you are in the range of motion. There are no compression forces on the vertebrae. When you are in the finished position of a dead lift there are compression forces.
· The knees and hips constrained so that the lumbar is isolated and must do the work.
As we age we become less flexible. The lumbar becomes increasingly inflexible leaving muscles supporting the hips and knee to do much of the work. This machine done properly will give you more flexibility and strength plus an added measure of protection from back injuries. You’ll less likely have chronic back pain with strong flexible back muscles.
You are not likely to find this equipment in most health clubs. We have extensive lines of MedX equipment at both of our locations: New Orleans Fitness Trainers and Austin Personal Training.