Will you stick to the exercise program? Nothing else matters if you don’t stick to it. To increase your likelihood of success the exercise program should:
· Be safe. If you are injured you are done.
· Produce measurable weekly improvement. If you don’t see real Improvement you won’t stick to it.
· Address all aspects of fitness - particularly strength as this affects all the other aspects of fitness.
· Incorporate breaks. Breaks prevent burnout and will actually increase results for certain exercise programs.
· Not involve a lot of your time.
Using exercise studies as a starting point, the trainers at our New Orleans Strength Training and Austin Strength Training locations have developed a 30 minute workout that anybody can do that produces weekly improvement. Commit to 30 minutes each week; you’ll improve each week, and over time your life will change, sometimes dramatically. Changes our clients have experienced:
Thirty minutes of exercise a week (26 hours a year) is doable. Without that investment of time and effort it is likely that your health will decline over the year, possibly drastically. Major adverse health related events such as a heart attack or a herniated disc present setbacks that are often avoidable. Is it worth 30 minutes of your week to enhance your well-being and lessen the likelihood of injury and sickness? We think it is.